Friday, April 12, 2013

Good {will outlet} Friday #42 ~ Inspired by Anthropologie

Another Anthropologie outfit.  Why? Because I love that store: that's why.




Today we will talk about the little black dress. According to most fashion websites and magazines, every woman should have at least one.  Ideally, one can make this basic article of clothing work for any occasion with the right accessories, but I haven't had much luck with this theory.  My black dresses seem to stand solidly on one end of the spectrum.  I have a stiff strapless black formal dress that would look completely ridiculous worn anywhere that didn't have a coat check, and a stretchy cotton sundress that couldn't pass as glamorous even with all the fancy jewelry in the world.  Since I never want to look as if I'm heading to a high school homecoming dance or a casting call for the Jersey Shore, I needed a middle ground black dress.

And here is my perfect mid range black dress from Anthropologie---->
I can envision myself wearing this to weddings, barbecues, and everything in between! And - what luck!  I found a similar version with the tags still attached at Goodwill Outlet Center and the entire outfit cost less than five dollars!

The lace neckline of this light cotton dress is so pretty.  I made a fun necklace with green wooden beads and a broken chain, also from the blue Outlet Center bins.  For the earrings, I glued smart black buttons to earring posts from the craft store (this is a great project if you happen to have hand fulls of pretty buttons lying around).

The shoes are from a previous spring Good{will outlet} Friday (Post # 5).  I took those pictures in the woods as well but I guess it was less...slimy outside last year.  I had no business wearing this dress out there. Hopefully these April showers let up soon!
All of these items were purchased from Goodwill Outlet Center, but here's who made them:
Dress, Mossimo
Shoes, Old Navy
Chain and beads for necklace, no brand
Earrings, no brand, made from buttons

No comments:

Post a Comment